SAGE Premier was designed with and for librarians to provide great savings off list prices for individual journals!
- Electronic access to more than 820 peer-reviewed journals (over 600,000 articles)
- Content ownership of the subscribed content published by SAGE during the term of the agreement
- Complimentary access back to 1999 (where available) while a current subscription is maintained
- Quality new content added to the package annually
The Content: International in scope • Peer-reviewed • High-quality, interdisciplinary journal content
- High Impact - 61% of the content is ranked in the 2014 Journal Citation Reports.
- Scholarly and Professional - research published in partnership with nearly 300 key societies
- Interdisciplinary - exceptional discipline coverage appropriate for numerous fields
- Discoverable - journals are indexed in Summon (Serials Solutions), EBSCO Discovery Service, and Primo (ExLibris)
- Archives - Back articles available in the SAGE Deep Backfile and Shallow Backfile
The Access: Award-winning • Mobile Delivery
- Award-winning platform- access via SAGE Journals, selected as a Choice Magazine Outstanding Academic Title (January 2011)
- Powered by the prestigious Highwire Press, a division of Stanford University
- Usage statistics - COUNTER 4 compliant and available for download
- Toll-free inter-journal reference linking - FREE access to the full-text of cited references in all HighWire Press hosted journals without a subscription
The Support: Interactive • Customer Focused
- Training - user guides, videos and live online training sessions highlight the features and functionality for librarians and end users
- Usage Driving Tools - online banner ads, search widgets, posters, and custom end user training
- Customer Support - dedicated Account Representative Team to assist with inquiries, renewals of SAGE products, and any questions specific to your institution account
More information on Journal Citation Reports® rankings and Impact Factors.
New Journals in SAGE Premier
Top Ranked Titles in Key Disciplines
Exceptional Discipline Coverage
SAGE Journals and Highwire Press
Which discovery services does SAGE participate in?
All SAGE journals are indexed in the following discovery services:
- Summon (Serials Solutions)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Primo (ExLibris)
SAGE regularly supplies metadata to these services to ensure that your library patrons are able to locate SAGE Premier journal content on your campuses.
Which E-Resource Management Services (ERMs) does SAGE participate in?
SAGE supplies monthly ERM feeds that are compliant with KBART (Knowledge Bases and Related Tools) standards to the following services:
- Serials Solutions: 360 Search
- Serials Solutions: AquaBrowser
- EBSCO Subscription Service
- OCLC - WorldCat
- Innovative Interfaces
University alumni may have access to the content hosted on the SAGE Journals, SAGE Research Methods and SAGE Knowledge platforms through their university library, based on their university's current and active holdings. All alumni registered with subscribing or purchasing libraries will be able to access the above SAGE products, including more than 750 scholarly and professional journals at no extra fee.
University libraries already support current students and scholars with access to online resources through both on-site and remote services. This license extends this offering to alumni via IP address, ATHENS or SHIBBOLETH through the institution’s account. SAGE doesn’t have the information or systems necessary to authenticate an individual as being an alumnus of a particular institution, so institutions will need to manage the authentication process and provide alumni with an ATHENS or SHIBBOLETH profile, or provide a route through the institutional IP network.
Digital Rights Management
"Reasonable Amount" shall mean not more than ten percent (10%) of any individual book or journal issue where these are included in a database, and not more than five percent (5%) of the total database content.