SAGE strives to be the leading, independent, academic and professional publisher and we are delighted when our when both our publishing efforts and those of our talented author and society base are recognised.
2015 SAGE awarded International Academic and Professional Publisher Award at the London Book Fair International Excellence Awards
We are delighted to announce that SAGE has won the coveted International Academic and Professional Publisher Award presented at Tuesday’s London Book Fair International Excellence Awards, in association with The Publishers Associations! We are overjoyed to have been acknowledged in this way, especially in our 50th year, when we are not only celebrating the growth of SAGE since inception but also our efforts to ensure that SAGE continues to flourish and develop in the future.
The awards celebrate international excellence in the book industry, covering all areas of international publishing including: academic and scholarly, children’s publishing and digital innovation. The fair welcomes over 25,000 professional visitors from more than 100 countries and these awards, now in their third year, have quickly become a key industry marker for excellence in academic and trade publishing globally.
Read the full press release here
- 2015: SAGE Shortlisted for The Bookseller’s Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year Award
- 2014: Shortlisted for The Bookseller’s Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year Award
- 2014: Shortlisted for the Independent Publisher’s Guild, Independent and Academic Publisher of the Year awards
- 2014: Shortlisted for the London Book Fair’s Independent and Educational publisher of the year awards
- 2014: SAGE Knowledge named as a finalist in the SIIA Content CODiE Awards for Best General Reference Service
- 2013: Shortlisted for The Bookseller’s Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year Award
- 2013: Shortlisted for the Independent Publisher’s Guild, Independent and Academic Publisher of the Year awards
- 2012: Awarded the Independent Publisher’s Guild, Independent and Academic Publisher of the Year awards
Awards won by our authors, editors and societies
- 2014: SAGE’S “Marketing: An Introduction, 3rd Edition” by Rosalind Masterson and David awarded “Best use of cross media” at the British Book and Production Design Awards.
- 2012: SAGE/CQ Press Database and 8 titles included in Library Journals’ Best Reference 2012 feature
- 2012: Reference and User Services Association (RUSA, a division of ALA) has placed four SAGE/CQ Press titles on its Outstanding Reference Sources List for noteworthy reference titles published in 2012.
In an environment where both the education and research landscapes are rapidly evolving, it is of vital importance that we continue to work closely with our partners, understanding and responding to their needs. Conferences provide an idea environment for open discussion between both publishers and our scholarly community in order to ensure that we work together on this shared goal of supporting education and dissemination. SAGE offers the following travel grants to support this outreach:
- ALPSP travel grant: UK librarian travel grant to attend the ALPSP International annual conference
- ECER: Sponsorship of a UK based early career researchers to attend the European Educational Research Association annual conference
- UKSG: Sponsorship for UK students and early career research to attend the annual UKSG library conference.