Explore the impact of your books!
Bookmetrix is a new and unique platform that Springer developed in partnership with
Altmetric. It offers you a comprehensive overview of the reach, usage and readership of your book or chapter by providing various book-level and chapter-level metrics all in one place.
Bookmetrix is one of the finalists of the ALPSP Awards for Innovation in Publishing 2015.
Watch our Bookmetrix video!
What metrics will be available?
For every Springer book and chapter you will be able to find the numbers of citations, downloads, book reviews, readers, and the number of online mentions in policy documents, news outlets, Wikipedia entries and social media networks. If available, these metrics are displayed on each book's home page on springer.com and on the individual book and chapter pages on SpringerLink. They are also available via Papers, a reference manager.
From the individual book or chapter page on springer.com or SpringerLink, you will be able to link out to the Bookmetrix details page by clicking on one of the metrics.
Please note: if you use Internet Explorer, the data is only displayed in version 10 or above.
How will Bookmetrix help you?
Bookmetrix not only offers you a comprehensive overview of your book’s usage and reach, the data provided also helps you
- answer questions from your funder about the broader impact of your work
- demonstrate the engagement surrounding your research
- uncover new audiences and potential collaborators
- find out where your work gets the most attention and from there establish ongoing relationships with key bloggers, policy makers or media outlets
- benchmark your work against other titles or peers in your field